The 2020 Clergy Retreat is February 10 – 12 for all Clergy and Commissioned Ruling Elders
of the Presbyteries of Western New York & Lake Erie.
The registration deadline is January 27! (link to the registration form below)
Unleashing the Power of Your Full Voice: A Practical and Transformational Approach
to a Much-Overlooked Tool – with Barbara McAfee
As pastors, we spend a good part of every day in conversation — with family members, colleagues, community members and parishioners. We also use our voices to convey the Word to our congregations. As important as our voices are, few of us know how to use them to their full potential. Many of us feel self-conscious about how we sound, but don’t know how to make authentic, lasting change in our voices.
Learning to consciously tap the full range of expression available to you makes it much more likely that your message will reach the minds and hearts of your listeners — in spite of the background noise of these chaotic and challenging times. Working with your own full voice makes you a more skillful listener as well.
In this joyful, embodied, and practical presentation, we will:
- Assess our vocal strengths, habits, assumptions, and challenges
- Increase vocal awareness, flexibility, and expression using the Five Elements Framework
- Identify ways to use voice to project authority, express passion, extend compassion, and convey vision in everyday conversations
- Discover how to listen to what the voices of others are saying about them
- Gather a list of practices to continue individual vocal development
Use this registration form … PLE 2020 clergy retreat … and send payment to the PLE.
The 2020 Clergy Retreat will be held at the Clarion Hotel in Dunkirk on Lake Erie. The address is: 30 Lake Shore Drive East, Dunkirk, NY 14048. Phone:716: 366-8350