Bold New Initiatives Grant Application
- Bold New Initiatives provides the opportunity for Lake Erie Presbytery to partner financially with a church that is engaging in a new effort to share the life changing Gospel in your community. For more information please click on this link: Bold New Initiative Grant Application
Continuing Education Financial Assistance
- Numerous educational training opportunities for church leaders exist beyond our region. Some financial assistance may be available for pastors and other church leaders. Depending on the continuing education event the Christian Education Committee, the Congregational Life Committee or the Mission and Social Witness Committee may have some scholarship assistance. For more information, contact the Presbytery office at 814-868-4891 or [email protected]
Emergency Assistance for Pastors and Presbytery Staff
- When unexpected expenses impact pastor’s families it can be financially difficult. In some situations the Presbytery can be of assistance. For further discussion please contact the Moderator of the Committee on Ministry at [email protected] or the General Presbyter. Click here for more information: Emergency Assistance to Ministers Fund
Energy Efficiency Grants
- Church buildings are treasured assets, yet at the same time they demand increasing attention to maintain and improve. The Presbytery makes matching grants to assist as congregations make their buildings more energy efficient. For more information please click on this link: Energy Efficiency Grant Application
Mission Trip Travel Grants
- Is your congregation undertaking a mission trip to make an impact on the world? If so, your Presbytery has mission travel grant scholarships available for groups or individuals. Want to know more? Click here: Mission Travel Grant Application
Mobility Assistance Grant Application
- The Jack Kyle Mobility Assistance Fund was established in 2016 to assist congregations with accessibility issues. These might include, but not limited to, the building of ramps, installation of an elevator, and making church bathrooms accessible. For more information please click on this link: Mobility Assistance Application
- Your presbytery wants to help congregations which have needs for improvements in accessibility.
To that end, Presbytery approved $8000 in funding for 2022.These funds will be used as grants to help
defray the costs of construction. The Administrative committee will evaluate loan requests as part of the
Presbytery Revolving loan program as well. Please submit a detailed proposal including the scope of the
project and a construction timeline for completion. Projects must meet all applicable codes and regulations.
Please include contact information including phone and e-mail as well as address. Applications are to be
mailed to the presbytery office. The Administrative committee looks forward to hearing from interested congregations.
Outward Mission Grants
- The Lake Erie Presbytery supports outward mission grants through ministries within the bounds of the Presbytery that have partnerships with local Presbyterian Churches. Click here for more information: Outward Mission Grant Application
- Churches live in a swirling, changing world. The Committee on Ministry is eager to partner with congregations that have heart to address adaptive change at a deep level. Facilitators are made available to discuss substantive, transformational change – if the Session is willing to engage the conversation. A fee is expected from the church even as the Presbytery is willing to fund a large portion of such important conversations. For more information contact the moderator of the Committee on Ministry at [email protected] or the General Presbyter.
Seminary and Commissioned Lay Pastor Scholarships
- The Lake Erie Presbytery provides scholarship support for students who are under care of the presbytery and pursuing further training to serve either as a Minister of Word and Sacrament or Commissioned Lay Pastor. For further information contact the Presbytery of Lake Erie office at 814-868-4891 or [email protected]
Wee Kirk Scholarships
- ‘The Wee Kirk is a regional annual autumn event, particularly designed for leaders from small congregations. The Presbytery of Lake Erie provides scholarships to attend this event. For more information contact the Presbytery office or email [email protected]